From Gluten-free, Sugar-free Cooking
By Susan O’Brien
1 tsp. Ground cardamom
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Cloves
1 tsp. Ground Coriander
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper (freshly ground)
½ tsp. Ground Turmeric
1 tsp. Chili Powder
8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Tbs. Olive oil
2 Large Red Onions, Chopped
12 Cloves garlic, minced
1-1/2 Large Red Pepper, sliced
2 Large Zucchini, sliced
6 tsp. Ground Arrowroot
2- 14oz. cans Light Coconut Milk
2 tbs. Fresh Ginger, chopped fine
5 tbs. Fresh basil, snipped
Cooked Brown or long grain Rice
1. In large bowl, stir together the first 9 spices.
2. Wash the chicken and dry with paper towels.
3. Cut chicken into bite-sizes pieces and mix with spices
4. Let sit for 30 – 45 minuets or cover and let sit in refrigerator for several hours or overnight for more flavor.
5. Heat oil in large skillet and sauté half of the vegetables over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes at a time.
6. When done remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside in a large pot. Don’t drain juice.
7. Cook Rice.
8. Put chicken into skillet, add some oil and sauté until the chicken is tender and cooked trough.
9. Remove chicken and add to vegetables.
10. Put pot on stove and turn on medium heat.
11. Combine arrowroot and coconut milk, stirring till well blended.
12. Heat skillet over medium high heat and add the arrowroot and coconut milk, stir occasionally.
13. Cook until it becomes bubbly and thickened.
14. Add in ginger and basil.
15. Pour Mixture over chicken mixture and gently stir.
16. Serve over cooked rice or put rice in 9x13inch. pan and pour chicken mixture over the top. (May need more then one pan for full use of mixture.)